Founded in 1818, Dalhousie is highly regarded as one of Canada’s oldest and most accomplished universities.
With the celebration of Dalhousie’s 200th anniversary approaching and the imminent arrival of a new President and a new strategic plan, Dalhousie needed to review its current reputation and brand to enhance reputation among key community leaders and influencers, including those in the academic community, nationally and internationally.
Our process focused on internal and external engagement, using our brand strategy development process to engage and align the entire university community.
We have conducted:
- An in-depth competitive review of local, regional and national institutions and how they described their own strengths.
- An audit of current Dalhousie communications – assessed against the key factors identified in the qualitative research.
- In-depth interviews with key internal and external influencers, including academic leaders from 10 leading institutions across Canada.
- 3 Dialogic Research sessions conducted in Halifax, Calgary and Toronto with more than 200 participants engaged in a 3-hour long discussion of Dalhousie’s current positioning and future opportunities.
- An on-line survey with thousands of participants quantifying and benchmarking the key brand and reputation attributes.
Internal engagement on the analysis and the strategic recommendations is ongoing and there is broad support across the university. The new President has just arrived and the brand and reputation work is being integrated into his institutional strategic planning. Stay tuned for launch.